Video material, such as Instagram Reels and TikTok, has become increasingly popular in recent years because it allows people to quickly consume and share short, visually engaging content.
Additionally, these platforms offer a wide variety of content, from entertainment and comedy to education and news, making it easy for users to find something that interests them.
One example of when people may be looking for video content on their smartphones is during commutes or while waiting in line. The short format and visually engaging nature of videos make them well-suited for these types of scenarios, where users may only have a few minutes to spare.
Another example is when people are looking for inspiration or information on a specific topic, such as fashion or cooking. Video content can be a great way to show how to do something or how to make something. Video content is also popular among young people, as it allows them to express themselves creatively and connect with others who share similar interests.
Overall, video content has become an important part of our society as it is a convenient and engaging way to consume and share information, entertain and connect with others.
To give a summary of the topic is that there is no doubt that social media has grown in recent years. Modern platforms are getting bigger and bigger and brands need to seize the opportunity not to be left behind.
Those who have read the trends for 2023 know that video material will dominate, and those who haven’t, now get an idea of how big it is.
Keep this in mind when planning your marketing this year.
- There are 4.74 billion social media users in the world.
- In the last 12 months, the number of active social media users has increased by 190 million. This means that there are an average of 6 new users every second.
- 9 out of 10 internet users use social media every month.
- An average social media user uses 7.2 different social platforms each month.
- The world spends more than 10 billion hours every day using social media
- The world today has 6.6 billion smartphone users, meaning that almost 83% of the world’s population owns a smartphone.
- 44% of TikTok’s users will be under 25 in 2023.
The big question is though: did you read this from your smartphone or your computer?